Regent University School of Udnergraduate Studies

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Paul and Purpose

Passion is amazing, but passion connected to purpose is extraordinary. Those who live passionate, purposed lives complete life's race knowing they gave their all and left nothing on the table. They also live their lives in such a focused and defined way that things in life do not distract them from their goals. In the paraphrase, The Message, Paul puts it this way:

You’ve all been to the stadium and seen the athletes race. Everyone runs; one wins. Run to win. All good athletes train hard. They do it for a gold medal that tarnishes and fades. You’re after one that’s gold eternally.
I don’t know about you, but I’m running hard for the finish line. I’m giving it everything I’ve got. No sloppy living for me! I’m staying alert and in top condition. I’m not going to get caught napping, telling everyone else all about it and then missing out myself. (1 Corinthians 9:24-27)

So, do you know what your purpose is and how it connects to your passion?

If you could not answer yes, I would recommend you take some time to pray and figure it out. It may indeed take a bit of thinking, but understanding this will enable you to better fulfill your God purpose in life and live a life that excites you on a daily basis!

No comments:

The publisher/owner of this website, Paul Boller, is solely responsible for decisions regarding site content. The views expressed herein are not necessarily those of Regent University and Regent University assumes no liability for any material appearing herein.