Regent University School of Udnergraduate Studies

Sunday, July 22, 2007

Camp Powhatan and Wi-FI


Alright, as it turns out, the camp does indeed have internet. And not only does it have internet, it was Wi-Fi! I get a tremendous laugh out of this considering that I get phone service in only half of the camp.

So with my new found joy of internet, I will be blogging live from Camp Powhatan throughout the week.

By now it is afternoon here and the troop has gone through most of the required instruction segments informing them on what will occur throughout the week and what will be expected of them. What has been most interesting to me is seeing camp staff that was here when I was (which was from 99-02). The stories and traditions all are coming back to me and I am looking forward to seeing if any of them have been carried on or if they have created new ones. Really, it is simple things like that which make camp memorable.

Tonight we have our opening campfire which will bring all of the troops together. The opening campfire will set the mode for the rest of the week.

Well, as an adult it is my responsibility to make sure the boys have a good time, so duty calls and I must head over to our camp.


The Troop getting instructions on the rules associated with the water area.

No comments:

The publisher/owner of this website, Paul Boller, is solely responsible for decisions regarding site content. The views expressed herein are not necessarily those of Regent University and Regent University assumes no liability for any material appearing herein.