Regent University School of Udnergraduate Studies

Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Time together and Christmas

When special days such as Christmas come along, many times there is a desire within me to do something "worthy" of the day. In many ways, this desire manifest in me wanting to do something that is traditional with the day. For example, if it is the Fourth of July, I want to go see fireworks. Because of this desire of mine, there have been many a holiday that I have felt something lacking when it turned out most of my family just wanted to sit around and relax. Though I can’t always figure out what we should do to make it "special", I feel the day has lacked something by the end of it.

Though I believe this feeling can be good and can be a catalyst for starting good traditions, I have also come to realize that it is more about being together than doing anything particular. Being 21 and about to graduate with my bachelors degree, my perspective is changing as I realize that time together with my family will come increasingly more precious. Maybe it is not any particular thing that needs to be done. Maybe Christmas day doesn’t need any particular thing that separates it from Christmas Eve or the day after Christmas. Maybe what’s important is that we just simply enjoy being together.

I hope that this Christmas day, this Christmas break, that you have enjoyed your time with your family and friends. I hope that you created moments that you will remember and simply enjoyed being with the people that you love and care for. Christ came so that we could know God’s love, so I find it fitting this Christmas to have spent it loving the people God has put in our lives.

Merry Christmas!!!

To add a bit of traditions, here is the pivotal scene from the Charlie Brown Christmas!

No comments:

The publisher/owner of this website, Paul Boller, is solely responsible for decisions regarding site content. The views expressed herein are not necessarily those of Regent University and Regent University assumes no liability for any material appearing herein.