Regent University School of Udnergraduate Studies

Friday, May 25, 2007

Strawberries Galore

So today begins the Pungo Strawberry Festival. It is the one time of year that Pungo is jammed packed and Downtown Pungo has enough people to justify it being called “Downtown” (I still love calling it Downtown Pungo anyway!)

Maybe it is because I live two minutes away from it and have so for over 12 years, but the Festival really has failed to grab my attention in the past few years. I have had people tell me they love the Strawberry Festival and they love coming to it. According to the festival website (http://www.pungostrawberryfestival.info/), they are expecting over 120,000 thousand people to be attending over the next three days! To me the festival didn’t seem to have that kind of an appeal, yet maybe it has become so normal to me that I have failed see it for what it truly is. Actually all this though over it has made me curious again about all that they will have there this year.

So if you have never been to the Pungo Strawberry Festival, maybe you should consider coming by and spending a part of the day there. Who knows, give me a ring and I may even join ya!

No comments:

The publisher/owner of this website, Paul Boller, is solely responsible for decisions regarding site content. The views expressed herein are not necessarily those of Regent University and Regent University assumes no liability for any material appearing herein.