Regent University School of Udnergraduate Studies

Saturday, January 19, 2008

The Other Fellow

This is something I recently read in John Maxwell’s book, Be a People Person, which I thought was worth sharing.


When the other fellow takes a long time, he’s slow
When I take a long time, I’m thorough.
When the other fellow doesn’t do it, he’s lazy.
When I don’t do it, I’m busy.
When the other fellow does something without being told, he’s overstepping his bounds.
But when I do it, that’s initiative.
When the other fellow overlooks a rule of etiquette, he’s rude.
When I skip a few rules, I’m original.
When the other fellow pleases the boss, he’s an apple polisher.
But when I please the boss, that’s cooperation.
When the other fellow gets ahead, he’s getting the breaks.
But when I manage to get ahead, that’s just the reward of hard work.

No comments:

The publisher/owner of this website, Paul Boller, is solely responsible for decisions regarding site content. The views expressed herein are not necessarily those of Regent University and Regent University assumes no liability for any material appearing herein.